Job seekers across 34 countries now have access to millions of jobs, unparalleled search technology and professional networking, all within Monster
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. & CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May. 21, 2012-- Monster® (NYSE: MWW), the worldwide leader in connecting people to job opportunities and the flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc. , today announced the integration of BeKnownTM, its professional networking app on Facebook, into the Monster site experience across 34 countries in North America, South America, Australia and throughout Europe. Job seekers can use Monster's unrivaled semantic search technology to find the right jobs and now instantly see how they're already connected to those opportunities through their Facebook and BeKnown contacts. The site integration also greatly expands employers' social recruiting reach by getting their jobs in front of a growing professional network among Facebook's 901 million members.
"Each month, more than 100 million people visit Monster to access millions of jobs worldwide, using our world class semantic search technology," said Sal Iannuzzi, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer for Monster Worldwide. "We've now combined the power of Monster's search technology with BeKnown, our professional networking app on Facebook, as another great way of connecting employers and seekers that doesn't exist elsewhere."
This latest milestone continues Monster's strategy to use any means or method to connect job seekers with employers across a wide variety of platforms including the web, mobile and social using the world's most advanced technology to match the right person to the right job.
BeKnown networking built into Monster allows members to:
- See inside connections at jobs from over 300,000 companies
- Search for jobs - be matched to the right jobs - and immediately see how they're connected to people at the companies they want to work for most
- View/Apply for jobs and contact connections to help get a foot in the door
- Create a professional networking profile available in both Monster and the BeKnown app on Facebook
- Take control over profile visibility and network connection invites on Facebook
- Network and keep personal and professional lives separate with privacy features users have come to expect from Monster
BeKnown networking built into Monster allows Employers to:
- Automatically expand social recruiting reach and engage top talent through referrals
- Invite recruiters and employees to join BeKnown to increase referral opportunities
- Access public profiles linked between Monster and BeKnown, for up-to-date candidate information
- Engage the emerging workforce wherever they spend time online, on Facebook or Monster
- Turn Facebook fans into potential hires with free Jobs App for Facebook timeline powered by BeKnown
- Showcase their recruitment brand with a BeKnown company profile allowing job seekers to learn more about their company and engage as they search for jobs on Monster
"When we launched BeKnown in June 2011, our objective was to leverage Monster's industry expertise and use the world's largest social site as a platform for enabling a professional networking platform," said Matthew Mund, Vice President Product Management for Monster. "Over the past 10 months, we've continued to expand BeKnown's features and functionalities for both users and companies. Combined with the power of Monster, BeKnown is well poised for growth."
BeKnown is also accessible for free via mobile apps on Android, iPad and iPhone devices. For more information on BeKnown, visit http://beknown.monster.com, follow BeKnown on Twitter and Facebook and visit the BeKnown blog for regular updates.
About Monster Worldwide
Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), parent company of Monster®, is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, Monster helps companies find people with customized solutions using the world's most advanced technology to match the right person to the right job. With a local presence in approximately 55 countries, Monster connects employers with quality job seekers at all levels, provides personalized career advice to consumers globally and delivers vast, highly targeted audiences to advertisers. To learn more about Monster's industry-leading products and services, visit http://www.monster.com. More company information is available at http://about-monster.com.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Kathy O'Reilly, 978-823-2002
Anna Svaldi Sekaran, 212-614-4277